When I started purchasing nut butters lest my typical crunchy peanut butter, I always just assumed to use them as an alternative to spread on English muffins, toast, and other breakfast breads. It was not long after a close friend recommended I add almond butter to my daily protein smoothies that I had that “aha” moment. Nut butters are so versatile and can be incorporated into all three meals in a healthy and satisfying way.
I was recently introduced to Betsy’s Best, a gourmet nut butter company based in Naples, Florida. Founder, Betsy Opyt has created four incredibly scrumptious nut butters. Let your spoon dive in to pure comfort and nutty decadence (in a healthy way)! Her four nut butters include Gourmet Almond Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter, Peanut Butter, and Cashew Butter, which all include chia seeds. Chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals such as Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, copper, phosphorus, zinc, and potassium.
The first snack I made with Betsy’s Best were Cashew Butter protein bites. I wanted to mix up my typical protein smoothie and apple breakfast with a little something different these week. I enjoy two for breakfast with one apple or green juice and two eggs over easy. Below is the recipe I used, adapted from The Almond Eater.
- 12 oz (1 jar) Betsy’s Best Gourmet Cashew Butter
- 1 scoops vanilla coconut protein powder (I use Alkamind)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shaved 65% dark chocolate
- Combine protein powder, oats, chia seeds, and cashew butter in a bowl, combine all ingredients
- Add the shaved dark chocolate, mix well
- Form mixture into golf-size balls. Recommend to have some flour handy to dab your fingers in
- Store refrigerated in an air-tight container
- Store for up to two weeks, my recommendation
Next I made these scrumptious Almond Butter muffins. Can you believe it only takes 6 ingredients: 10 oz Betsy’s Best Almond Butter, 2 extra large eggs, 1 1/2 t of baking soda, 1 t vanilla, 1/2 t salt, and 1 whole bananas. Mix ingredients well and bake at 385 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Use a toothpick to make sure muffins are cooked through. These are perfect for breakfast and pair well with your favorite hot cereal (mine is Maypo), fresh fruit, and Greek yogurt.
If you are feeling extra feisty, enjoy with 1 teaspoon of gourmet almond butter. Enjoy with a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice or beet & apple juice.
For dinner last night, my husband and I created this Indian inspired Chicken Curry dish with Betsy’s Best Peanut Butter. This wholesome, delicious rice and chicken dish will fill your bellies with a harmonious blend of exotic, aromatic spices and layers of different textures. A vibrant dish that I would highly recommend for any family gathering.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 6 oz Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter
- 1 (6 oz can) tomato paste
- 1 a small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 T garam masala- a blend of coriander, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, nutmeg
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 tn cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 t saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons spicy curry powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 t Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- fresh naan
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 T coconut oil .Add the tomato paste, onion, garlic and ginger, cook about 5-8 minutes or until the onion is lightly caramelized.
- Add the curry powder, Thai red curry paste, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne and salt. Cook one minute and then stir in the peanut butter. Begin to prepare the rice and heat the naan bread.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the saffron, and then the broccoli and cook until warmed through and the sauce thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve over a bed of rice sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
You can save $10 off your online order. Just like/follow Betsy’s Best on Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, or Instagram. Plus, FREE shipping on orders over $29.00.
http://betsysbest.com // 888-685-8292