On Saturday, August 5th, Christy Doramus of Crowns by Christy hosted a summer brunch in partnership with Nine West at a private residence in Sagaponack, NY. In support of Nine West’s new #StandOut campaign, the event focused on highlighting the brand’s new shoe collection inspired by strength, power and beauty of women across the world. Attendees were invited to mingle with like-minded influential women who are defining what it means to #StandOut and working to make a difference within their own communities.
During the event, guests were invited to try on their favorite Nine West designs and complete their looks from “head to toe” with a flower crown. A custom “shoefie” station designed by Christy Doramus allowed attendees to easily take photos of their favorite shoe styles and creatively showcase what it means to #StandOut. GlamSquad was on-site for makeup and hair touch-ups, and the brunch menu was curated and served by Hamptons local Jennifer Poto.
All of the event decor was designed by Christy Doramus including the 9W shoe installation.
My favorite shoe designs from their Fall 2017 collection include:
Have a look at the afternoon menu curated by the talented Jennifer Poto, who is available for catering events throughout the Hamptons and in NYC:
- Honey Turkey, green apple, cheddar sliders with scallion aioli
- Ham & Swiss mini croissants with a spicy pickle Dijon
- Portobello, shallot, goat cheese sandwiches with smashed avocado on multigrain bread
- Dill chicken salad on cinnamon raisin toast with balsamic reduction
- Mini egg salad cups with a celery and Triscuit garnish
- Chili lime shrimp skewers with grilled pineapple and bang bang sauce
- Phyllo cups with port fig goat cheese and fresh parsley
- Hummus pastry puff cups with black olives
- Cucumber and tomato, peach, prosciutto pastry puffs with ricotta cheese and a honey drizzle
- Pesto orzo salad with roasted veg, Ricotta salata & fresh arugula
- Corn & romaine salad with a cilantro mint pesto
- Summer string bean potato salad
- Mini red velvet cupcakes
My favorites were the Dill Chicken Salad on Cinnamon Raisin Toast, Pesto Orzo Salad, Honey Turkey Sliders, and the Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes!
Photography by Sunny Norton.