Escape the chills of winter and rejuvinate at Shelter Island’s dreamy modern inn, The Chequit. The inn is hosting a special Wellness Weekend led by one of America’s top yoga instructors, Heidi Kristoffer Friday, February 19 through Sunday, February 21, 2016. Upon arrival to The Chequit, you will instantly unwind into a relaxing retreat setting, replete with renovated plush rooms with luxury bedding and amenities, as well as a welcoming lobby and restaurant showcasing locally-sourced and seasonal plates.
Named one of Shape Magazine‘s “50 Hottest Female Trainers in America – 2014,” Kristoffer will guide visitors on a comprehensive journey for the mind, body and soul. As part of the all-inclusive weekend package, wellness aficionados will experience an array of activities and events. The schedule highlights are presented below.
· Welcome Reception – Meet and greet with Heidi followed by a delicious, healthy dinner in the lobby with wine selections.
· Healthy Start Breakfast – The Chequit’s signature breakfast offering special healthy options to kick start the day the right way.
· Morning Yoga Session – Intimate group session led by Heidi, featuring her specialized yoga practice focusing on each guest’s intentions. Participants will find a deep sense of balance and wellness through this ancient practice.
· Healthy Lunch – Delicious and nutritious box lunch prepared by the seasoned culinary team at Red Maple, The Chequit’s rustic, modern-American restaurant.
· Intentional Journaling – An intimate group session focusing on exercises in journaling personal and spiritual intentions led by Heidi.
· Afternoon Meditation Session – A guided meditation led by Heidi focusing on clearing the mind and centering on the personal intentions set during the journaling session.
· Evening Cocktails – Relaxing gathering in front of the fire of The Chequit’s plush lobby with a selection of seasonally inspired cocktails and wine.
· Dinner at Red Maple – A multi-course dinner, with wine pairings, featuring a specially curated menu.
The Wellness Weekend Package includes all of the activities outlined above, as well as two-nights’ accommodation, complimentary parking and free WiFi. Package rates are: $750 for a Standard Room; $895 for a Deluxe Room; and $995 for a Suite. Double occupancy can be added to any package for an additional $375 per room; all packages exclude tax. Limited capacity; reservations are required.
http://www.thechequit.com // 631-749-0018
*Photos courtesy of Salt Hotels and Heidi Kristoffer