Put an island spin on your holiday spread by introducing exciting and bold flavors to the dinner table courtesy of Milaidhoo Island Maldives. Available at its Ba’theli Restaurant & Lounge over the holiday, the resort is sharing their recipe for Maldivian Curry for those who can’t make it to the Asian country for the feast. Ba’theli is the first modern Maldivian restaurant in the Maldives. The Maldives is a destination I wish to visit within the next five years. In fact, the country is among the top ten nations I wish to visit next.
A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Milaidhoo Island Maldives is a sophisticated 5- star boutique resort with 50 secluded villas, both overwater and by the beach. The resort features dedicated 24-hour island hosts, three exquisite restaurants, two bars, and a thriving house reef. Nightly rates start at $1,575 per night for two people in an over-water villa on half-board basis.
The white sand seems so pristine and the views are like something out of a dream. I could spend at least a week at this secluded oasis.
Below, I would love to share their recipe for Ihi Riha Maldivian Curry that is made with lobster meat, prawns, coconut milk, and turmeric.
Ihi Riha Maldivian Curry
- 10 oz Fresh lobster meat
- 10 oz Prawns
- 7 oz Clams
- 2 pcs Medium onions, finely sliced
- 2 pcs Fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- ½ t Turmeric powder
- ½ t Cumin powder
- ½ t Salt
- 1 t Ginger garlic paste
- 6 pcs Whole Curry leaves
- ½ cup Cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, tomatoe, ginger, garlic paste, salt, and curry leaves. Add cumin and turmeric powder. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce the heat to low. Add the Lobster, prawn and clam, cook until white.
- Once the curry is ready, garnish with fried onion and fried curry leaf. Serve with steamed rice, chapatti bread, sliced lemon, green chili and raw onion wedges.