Recently, I had the pleasure of tasting Once Again Organic Nut Butters in various recipes from sweet and energy packed to savory, exotic dinner dishes. The company, based in Upstate Western New York, is an employee-owned company dedicated to support organic and sustainable farming practices. Their line of nut butters, including Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, and Sunflower Seed, are crafted with very few, simple ingredients. For example, the Almond Butter contains just one ingredient: dry roasted unblanched organic almonds.
My favorite ways to incorporate nut butters are:
- Thai dishes
- On toast with apples/bananas
- In cookies
- In dressings and dipping sauces
- Overnight oats
Below I would like to share a recipe for Once Again’s Trail Mix Cookies, courtesy of the company, made with their Once Again Organic Lightly Sweetened Sunflower Seed Butter. I also received a mini recipe book with several ways to incorporate their nut butters into delicious, wholesome meals and snacks.
- 1 cup Once Again Organic Lightly Sweetened Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place all of the ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until cookies are set, but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet.
Yields 30 servings
The nut butters are certified gluten-free, vegan, Kosher, and are sold in glass jars rather than plastic. In addition to their line of nut butters, Once Again sells honey and packaged nuts.
You may purchase Once Again’s nut butters are available at Whole Foods, various specialty food retailers, and online at Jet, Walmart, Plum Market, and Amazon, or at their website below. Click here for a retail store locator.