One of our most important family traditions is cooking and eating together. Ties to the heart are woven through the meals we create in the kitchen each day. One of our favorite meals to cook up is pasta with mozzarella cheese and sausage. We love to experiment with pasta dishes especially since our daughter is very fond of pasta and asks for it on a regular basis. The key with having children and balance work is having the ability to create flavorful, colorful and delicious meals in the shortest amount of time possible.
Fresh, high quality ingredients are so important for us. We always look to brands that our families have cooked with over the years. There is a reason why my parents and grandparents have always chosen Barilla pasta and spaghetti, for example. Not only is it Italy’s most popular brand of pasta, but the quality is ideal for cooking an array of exceptional, hearty pasta dishes. Al dente perfection is accomplished without hassle in just under 12 minutes each and every time.
Last week, I went to my local Stop & Shop to purchase the ingredients for our pasta dinner. I love that with our new Stop & Shop in town, everything is so easy to find and everyone is so friendly and eager to help you locate any specific items. On my list included my favorite cheese brand Galbani Mozzarella, Barilla Farfalle, and Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage along with a medley of fresh vegetables and spices. I recently discovered Galbani’s Whole Milk Low Moisture Mozzarella that is great for shredding as it has a soft, finer texture. Galbani is our go-to for ricotta cheese for lasagna and their whole milk mozzarella for slicing for making a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad. I love that when you open the packaging for shredding the Galbani cheese, you are able to hold the mozzarella while a portion is still in the packing.
As soon as I informed our friends and family in the area what we were cooking up for dinner, everyone was curious about the dish and were excited to stop by for a taste. We love having people over and cooking for others. There is no greater joy than to see others delighted by a home cooked meal. I was very impressed by how the pasta dish came together. The flavors lit up the plate and everything was so fresh. The soft, Galbani cheese blanketed the pasta with comforting pleasure and Johnsonville sausage was a perfect blend of meat, herbs and spices.
I created a simple, easy-to-follow recipe for you to create at home. I know you and your family will enjoy it as much as we did and we look forward to reading your comments! Buon appetito!
Rustic Zucchini and Peppers Sausage Pasta
- 1 package Barilla Farfalle pasta
- 6 oz Galbani Low Moisture ‘Great for Shredding’ Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1 package Johnsonville ‘Hot’ Italian sausage
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar (24 oz) Barilla Tomato and Basil sauce
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatoes on the vine, chopped
- 1 green & 1 yellow zucchini, halved and chopped
- 4 scallions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped with some for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook Barilla Pasta as per the directions on the box. I recommend to let the water boil for at least 2-3 minutes prior to adding the pasta.
- Slice the sausage links creating 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the 2 T olive oil and sausage and gently brown the meat.
- Slice the vegetables and spices then add to the skillet
- Saute the vegetables and meat together for 5-8 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Add 1 jar of Barilla tomato sauce, lower heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes, partially covered.
- Drain pasta, top with vegetables, sauce and sausage. Top with shredded Galbani mozzarella cheese, ground pepper, and garnish with basil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Yields 6 servings.
Here it first! Did you know that when you stop by your nearest Stop & Shop between 10/21-10/27 and purchase Barilla Pasta, Johnsonville Italian Sausage and Galbani Cheese, you’ll automatically save $3 at checkout with your store loyalty card! While supplies last. There are Stop & Shop grocery stores in East Hampton, Southampton, Hampton Bays, and Riverhead.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & Lactalis American Group. All content is original and all opinions expressed are my own. #pmedia #MealSolutionMatch http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV“