In celebration of autumn, I am so pleased to introduce my readers once again to Lagostina, a renowned brand founded in Italy that specializes in tinplate cookware. Make sweet and savory dishes with their NEW Lasagnera pan that is available exclusively at Williams-Sonoma.com and retails for $199.99. This high quality, durable pan is perfect for creating traditional lasagna dishes and non-traditional fare for every season and occasion.
Fresh, bold ingredients are so important when it comes to creating the perfect lasagna recipe. With this particular recipe I created, you have the freedom to use as little or as much of certain spices and vegetables as you desire. The key to baking success is with a sturdy, high quality pan. Lagostina’s new Lasagnera is so ideal for baking your favorite lasagna recipe in.
Handcrafted in Italy, the 14” x 8.5” pan made of 18/10 stainless steel features a signature mirror polish finish, a cherry wood and stainless steel lid, and ergonomic and elegant cast stainless handles. Remove the pan from the oven and take it right to your dinner table.
One of my favorite lasagna recipes is one I developed over time, swapping out some of my favorite Italian-inspired ingredients such as ricotta and mozzarella for sweeter and bolder flavors mixed with smoother textures. This fall-inspired twist on a classic comfort food favorite will instantly become your go-to dinner dish for any autumn get together. I love that it also gets you in the mood for Thanksgiving as you will see with the ingredients below.
Autumn Harvest Lasagna
- 1 16 oz box lasagna noodles
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 25 oz jar of your favorite pumpkin pasta sauce
- 6 mini zucchini/yellow squash or 2 large zucchini/yellow squash
- 20 1” slices Havarti cheese, plus more for grating
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 T ground nutmeg
- 2 T olive oil, plus 1 T for greasing pan
- 10 Sage Leaves
- 6 Sprigs Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook lasagna noodles stovetop as per box directions. Drain, place noodles flat on paper towel or cutting board to prevent sticking together.
- Brown ground turkey meat on a medium heat. Add 1 T ground nutmeg and mix in as the meat cooks. Stir well. Drain meat, set aside.
- Slice zucchini/yellow squash thin.
- Gently grease pan with 1 T olive oil, very light and spread evenly.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles close together on pan. Layer your lasagna: mascarpone cheese, spinach, Havarti slices, squash, sauce; repeat to create three layers. Cover layers with 3 lasagna noodles. Arrange rosemary sprigs and sage leaves on top of noodles well spaced apart. Top with about 1/2-3/4 cup of grated Havarti.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes; uncover, then bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes, then serve.
Yields 8-10 servings
A few tips I recommend:
- The pan creates a beautiful presentation for the table. Use it as your centerpiece for the meal.
- To allow the mascarpone cheese to spread easier, let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, and you can add a quarter cup of low fat milk and whip in a blender.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, bake for 18 minutes. Serve from the pan.
- So the lasagna noodles do not stick together, add 1-2T olive oil when cooking the noodles, drain, and immediately lay flat on paper towel or cutting board.
- Slice your zucchini/squash as thin as possible for best texture and consistency.
ENTER TO WIN! In celebration of the season and in partnership with Lagostina, one lucky reader will receive this beautiful Lagostina Lasagnera Pan, a $199.99 value. The giveaway ends 10/6 at 11:59pm EST, U.S. only . The winner will be chosen randomly the following morning. The pan is available exclusively at Williams-Sonoma.com.
Disclaimer: I received a Lagostina’s new Lasagnera pan in exchange for my article. All opinions and content are original/my own. Read my full disclosure here.