This article is sponsored by DairyPure. All opinions and content are my own.
Time is always of the essence with it comes to holiday preparation from decorating the home to baking and whipping up meals for the family. Simple and the least amount of ingredients is always best. One of my favorite recipes during the holiday season is Chocolate Mousse. In the past, I have made dark chocolate mousse with dark chocolate pieces, a black and white mousse, and a chocolate raspberry mousse. I love to mix it up every now and then, incorporating an essence of the seasons.
While there are many variations to making a homemade chocolate mousse, I always find the easiest mousse recipes that require no hassle and a short amount prep work to have the tastiest result. For this week, I am surprising my visitors with my own White Chocolate Gingerbread Mousse made with just five ingredients. Mix, whip, and serve! It takes under 30 minutes to make, including a break in between prep work.
You can make your mousse up to two days in advance and chill in a sealed bowl. After removing from the fridge, give your mousse a quick hand mix using a spatula to make it fluffy. Have fun with layering the ginger cookie crumbs and garnish just before serving. I created my mousse with DairyPure® Heavy Cream.
DairyPure is all about helping you simplify your holidays this season with easy 5-ingredient or less recipes so you can spend more time creating #SimplyMadeMemories with your friends and family. Please share in the comments section how you plan to use DairyPure in your recipes this season. Check out dairypuresimpleholidays.com for more easy 5-ingredient dishes and special savings.
5 Ingredient White Chocolate Gingerbread Mousse
- 1.5 cups DairyPure Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. white chocolate melts
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup of crumbled ginger snaps or ginger cookies
- Strawberries or your favorite berry for a garnish (optional)
- Microwave white chocolate melts and 1/4 cup DairyPure Heavy Cream in large microwaveable bowl for 1 minute or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir, and reheat for 20-30 seconds. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Beat remaining cream and 1 t vanilla extract in medium bowl with mixer until soft peaks form. Be sure not to overheat. Add cream and chocolate mixture and mix on lowest setting for about 20 seconds.
- Spoon a few tablespoons into your serving glasses. Sprinkle a layer of cookie crumbles, then repeat with cream mixture. Top with ginger snap crumbles.
- Garnish serving glass with a strawberry, or you favorite berry.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields 2-4 servings
Tip: you may chill your mousse for 2-3 hours prior to serving if you wish. Wait to layer with cookie crumbles.