This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProPlanProbiotic #CollectiveBias
Our family has two cats named Amy and Abby, who are both very different. One is 15 years old and the other is eight years old, both rescues. When it comes to cat food, I choose Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Blend Adult Cat Food Chicken & Rice because it is the one thing they can both agree on. Neither of them get along with each other, so they are always at two separate ends of the house, and have been better about keeping their distance from each other in recent years as they have both ‘claimed’ certain areas of the home. For Amy, it is the upstairs bedroom, and Abby loves the living room.
My husband stops at PetSmart in Riverhead one his way home from work about once every other week or about twice per month to pick up cat food and supplies. We love PetSmart’s unique concept of bringing your pet with you to shop and explore. We love meeting other people’s dogs (and cats) and it is a great conversation starter for sharing feedback about products and learning about new ones, in addition to learn about each of our pet’s needs and habits.
We love Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® because not only are both Amy and Abby fond of it, Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Blend Adult Cat Food dry products are made with at least 38% protein to help meet a cat’s unique nutritional needs, and real protein is the #1 ingredient in all dry formulas. There are also 5 dry formulas with guaranteed live probiotics to support your cat’s digestive health. Fueling pets since 1986, Purina® has 70+ formulas that deliver advanced nutrition and outstanding taste.
Keeping both Abby and Amy active is one of our highest priorities. Both are indoor cats, so we like to mix it up as far as games and activities as much as we can. Below are four tips on how to make Indoor Fun enjoyable for both you and your cat(s), especially since we spend so much time indoors during the winter months.
- At Attention: As soon as your cat(s) shows you attention, initiate play time with them. Perhaps have a toy handy a little while after you have fed them in the morning. Come down to their level, greet, and show them the toy. If it is a new toy, let them sniff it and get used to it, then give them some independence to become familiar with it.
- Toy Variety: Though I always recommend keeping their favorite toys nearby, see if you could mix it up every now and then. Abby loves a particular app that shows a mouse in a maze, and Amy loves toys attached to a string. Play hockey with a ball, or play ‘tag’ with a feather toy on a string.
- Preferred Location: Your cat(s) may prefer certain areas of the home like ours. Initiate play there or where they happen to be in the home usually beginning in the very early to mid morning before naptime. Great games include using toys with strings to keep them moving, or small bags, or even rolled up pieces of paper that Amy enjoys.
- Boxed In: Abby is especially fond of this game. When we receive shipments in the mail, we place an empty cardboard box on its side in the middle of the living room with one of her favorite toys nearby, creating a makeshift fort. First, Abby rubs on it and then gets excited when she sees her toy, where she will then jump over and run around the box trying to catch the toy.
- Return, and Repeat: Always return their toys back to where they are stored, which for us is their cat scratch post. If your cat is active at night, keep one toy at the center of the floor/rug to stimulate play. This will reset activity for the next day and help keep the
Hover over the image above to purchase Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Blend Adult Cat Food Chicken & Rice at PetSmart.
Probiotics, when consumed in adequate amounts, can exert a positive impact on digestive health by balancing the levels of bacteria in your pet’s intestines.
Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® formulas use the same strain of probiotics found in numerous human food and beverage products. And because Purina® has chosen a stable and robust probiotic for their select Savor® dry formulas, mixing water, wet food, or toppers with your Savor® dry formula will not damage or kill the probiotic. At home, we often top our cat’s dry food with wet food, more often with Amy than Abby.
Stay up to date with Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® by liking and interacting with them on Facebook.
Buy Pro Plan Savor Dry, Get $10 Back in the form of a digital prepaid card. The offer begins on 1/20/19 and runs through 2/28/19. Be sure to take advantage of this savings offer like my family and I did.
Click here to learn more about the $10 offer and Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® products.